Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Family Reunion

We just returned from a family reunion with my mom's brother's and sisters and their families. We reunite every three years. This year it was held in Reno, Nevada, which is sort of the center point of where everybody lives. We stayed at the University of Nevada in the dorms. It was nice to have the entire building and cafeteria to just ourselves. It helped us feel pretty safe, not to mention the security system of just getting in the buildings. Actually we were REALLY safe. It reminded me of my time working in the youth detention in SLC. Too many doors to unlock or get through can be cumbersome, but that's OK.

We were together for two days and spent most of our time eating. The all-you-can-eat style dining catered particularly towards the kids, but we adults definitely overate too! It brought back some great memories of living in DT. We also played relay games, visited, went to a great park nearby, and honored my Uncle Joe who passed away last October. All in all it was a great time, and I'm looking forward to seeing everybody again in three years.

Here are some pictures. No permission has been asked, so if you are family and see your picture here but would like it removed, please let me know!

The first four are of "Amelia" and Edana, who are three weeks apart. None of us could get over how similar they looked--surprising, of course, because Amelia is not a blood relative! Amelia is the one wearing the strawberry.














1 comment:

Wendy said...

Look at you writing about our reunion. I think the fam pic was pretty good. You're right we could have been a little closer together. Not to brag but Ethan looks really cute in that pic. And the cousins picture is really cute. I'll have to get copies of your pics since I didn't get my camera out once.

p.s - cankles are when ankles and calfs run into each other. I just remembered where the "c" came from.